Lite News – Zimbabwe by Pindula    |   Why?

Gweru Student Electrocuted, Another Falls From Mango Tree

11 November 2020

A student at Nkululeko High School in Gweru was Sunday electrocuted while washing his blankets in a tub at his hostel.

Midlands Police Spokesperson Joel Goko confirmed the death of the 16-year-old Collen Chinyemba, whose home is in Harare. Goko said:

We received news of the tragic death of a 16-year-old student at Nkululeko High School.

We heard that the learner was washing his blankets in a tub in the boys’ hostel when he then tried to steady himself by holding on to a metal pinned to the wall and was electrocuted.

NewZimbabwe reports that school authorities rushed with the boy to Gweru General Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.

In a related incident, a Form 3 student from Rutendo High School in Kwekwe Sunday fell and died from a mango tree he had climbed to fetch the fruit.

The incident was confirmed by Redcliff Mayor Clayton Masiyatsva who, however, said he was yet to get details of what really transpired.

Area councillor Makanyara Piki told NewZimbabwe that the now deceased passed on at Kwekwe General Hospital.

Sources said a day before his death the now deceased nearly drowned at Green Dam in Redcliff where he had gone for swimming with his friends.

More: NewZimbabwe

Click to share full story to WhatsApp


Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtimeto +263 714 815 229
No extra charges.

Popular Categories


A Pindula project.   2020.   < back home