Air Zimbabwe Planning To Expand Fleet By Introducing 2 Embraer ERJ145s – Report6 January 2021
AirZimbabwe is reportedly planning to introduce 2 aircrafts, to its fleet in the year 2021 as it moves to expand its routes and improve service delivery in 2021, Center For Aviation reports.
This was revealed by the Air Zimbabwe acting CEO Joseph Makonise who reportedly revealed that:
- The airline will focus on fleet augmentation, route expansion, and service delivery in 2021.
- The entry into service of the airline’s Embraer ERJ145 (Z-WPQ) was delayed, but the aircraft is expected to be serviceable by the end of Jan-2021.
- The airline is in the process of acquiring a second ERJ145 for deployment in 1H2021.
- The introduction of the aircraft will enable Air Zimbabwe to offer twice daily Harare-Johannesburg, four times weekly Bulawayo-Johannesburg, and three times weekly Harare-Bulawayo-Victoria Falls-Dar Es Salaam services.
- The carrier will also increase domestic services to promote tourism and the airline intends to commence Lusaka, Lubumbashi, and Kinshasa services in 2021.
AirZimbabwe last week issued a statement announcing that they were altering their operating hours due to the lockdown and they will be adhering to COVID-19 measures set by the government.
More: Center For Aviation
Click to share full story to WhatsApp
Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtimeto +263 714 815 229
No extra charges.
A Pindula project. 2021. < back home